Women's Health Coaching
“The power of community to create health is far greater than any physician, clinic, or hospital.” - Dr. Mark Hyman
As women, I think we all need to find a tribe we can lean on during all walks of life. Especially when it comes to our health and wellbeing. My goal as a women’s health coach is to provide a safe space for women to share their wellness goals and give them the support they need to achieve them.
In 2015, I started my journey to women's health coaching through the Institute of Integrative Nutrition (IIN) and became certified in 2016. I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories – Ayurveda, gluten-free, Paleo, raw, vegan, macrobiotics, and everything in between. IIN taught me to start at the very nature of human beings to help heal and nourish women's bodies.
But my passion for wellness and using food as medicine started way before that. Through my own health challenges, I discovered in 2009 that my body didn’t like when I ate gluten - so I cut it out of my life nearly 10 years ago and haven’t looked back. That kickstarted my passion for discovering how we can use food to heal our bodies and how being strong mentally, physically, and emotionally leads to feeling whole in all aspects of your life. I am constantly finding what works and doesn’t work for me and my body and it’s an ongoing journey. Perhaps most importantly, I believe in bio individuality, so what works for me may not work for you, and vice versa.
During my education with IIN, I studied with the world's top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Deepak Chopra, MD leader in the field of mind-body medicine
- David Katz, MD, MPH, director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, chair of nutrition at Harvard University
- Andrew Weil, MD, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Gabrielle Bernstein, bestselling author and life coach
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, assistant clinical professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center
- Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating
- David Wolfe, raw food leader and nutrition expert
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, professor at New York University’s Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health
- Mark Bittman, food writer for The New York Times and bestselling author
- Joel Fuhrman, MD, family physician and leading expert on nutritional healing
My IIN education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and prevention. Drawing on my expertise, I work with my health coaching clients to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of food and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health, and happiness.
How it works
I take a holistic approach to wellness and each health coaching session will leave you feeling inspired and motivated. We will talk about things beyond food, seeking to bring balance to important elements of your life such as love and relationships as well as career and money. I will personally and carefully guide you to make simple, small changes that transform your life. Majority of my work is done during one-on-one sessions, because I believe building a sense of trust and respect is important.
Working with me feels like a conversation with your favorite sister or cousin with a few tips and tricks along the way to help you achieve your goals. I truly listen to you during each of our sessions to get to the bottom of your challenges and then thoughtfully work to recommend some tips you can implement at home to get you where you want to be.
I typically offer 6 month and year long programs where we meet bimonthly to work on your goals. Each session is 50 minutes long and facilitated in person at an agreed upon location or via Facetime/Google Hangouts.
If you’re interested in something different, let’s talk! I work with many clients to personalize their programs based on what they need.
Examples of health coaching services offered
- Meal plans and grocery lists
- Pantry makeovers
- Grocery shopping/farmer’s market trips
- Cooking sessions and demos
- Recipe development
- Detox tips/tools
- Stress management workshops/recommendations
- Meditation workshops/recommendations
- Financial planning recommendations
- Basic essential oils tips (Note: I am not certified in essential oils. I have an account with doTerra and can offer wholesale prices if you buy through me)
- Better sleep techniques
6 month programs
$2240 if paid in full ($100 discount).
Payment plans are offered upon request.
One Year programs
$3300 if paid in full ($300 discount).
Payment plans are offered upon request.
“Katelyn has helped me with an individual meal plan and I can't recommend her enough! She listens to what you like and don't like and will tailor the meal plan accordingly. Plus she is always available for questions or sharing new recipes on Facebook or on her Instagram. If you want to jump start a new eating plan or get back on track she's your girl!”