Curious if placenta encapsulation is right for you? Wondering what it entails, how it works, if it's safe? You've come to the right place!
What is Placenta Encapsulation?
Placenta encapsulation is a popular service that turns your placenta into easy-to-use products designed to help you have a happier postpartum. Many women choose to encapsulate for the following reasons:
- Reduction in postpartum bleeding
- Increased energy and milk supply
- Balanced hormones and mood
- Reduced occurrence of postpartum depression
Is It Safe?
First and foremost, I encourage all families considering placenta encapsulation to do their research to determine if it's right for them.
Your health and safety is my number one priority. I take extra precautionary measures when handling and processing your placenta. I am not only a trained and certified placenta encapsulation specialist, but I also hold a certificate in blood borne pathogens and a food handler's license. I never process your placenta near food prep, children, or pets. I also take a very cautionary approach to encapsulation. Meaning, if you or your baby have an infection within 24 hours of delivery, I will not process your placenta.
What Services Are Included?
My placenta encapsulation services start at $300 (doula clients receive a discount) and include:
- A transportation kit sent to you prior to delivery to facilitate your placenta’s safe transport
- Pick up of the placenta from your place of birth
- Return of the processed placenta in 2 to 3 days.
For an additional fee, I can also design additional placenta products for you including tinctures, salves, and placenta prints.