Postpartum Doula Services
The birth of a baby is a wonderful, joyous occasion. But it's also the birth of a mother or parent. These tender moments leave caregivers vulnerable - they're so in love with their new baby, but also might be struggling with the weight of new parenthood. Whether this is your first or fifth baby, postpartum support is so important for the health of the whole family.
Ayurvedic Postpartum Services
This specific service supports parents with a six-week regimen after birth to help with balancing the hormones, deep connection with baby, digestion, physical strength, milk supply, and more! I am trained in Ayurveda practices, along with a group of doulas led by Amber Pearson, in the postpartum period to help heal the body after birth. Ayurveda is a life science from India, which has been around for thousands of years and offers a wealth of knowledge for families after birth. Specifically, many women have body pain, constipation, gas, sleep loss, hormone fluctuation, digestion problems, and can go to extreme postpartum depression. This is common, but preventable with Ayurvedic tools, including Ayurvedic cooking.
Pricing for this package is extremely personalized, so if you're interested in learning more contact me here and check the box that you're interested in Ayurvedic postpartum care.
Regular Postpartum Services
If a six-week Ayurvedic postpartum care package isn't quite what you're looking for that's okay! I also provide regular postpartum care to families for up to 12 weeks. This support includes 4-8 hour day shifts in which I can help with:
- Caring for baby while you sleep, shower, do whatever you want without a baby attached to you
- Breastfeeding support (within my scope)
- Assuring you that your newborn's behavior is normal, or helping you determine if you need additional help from a medical provider
- Helping you identify sleep cues or walking you through typical newborn sleep behavior
- Light housekeeping, cooking, and errand running
- Dog walking or taking care of pets
- Anything else that would help you and your family recover after baby is born!
I offer six, eight, or 12 week packages and charge $45/hour for my regular postpartum care services.